I've struggled finding clothes that fit right, so I decided to start with my with my figure- the hourglass. Below is the shape of an hourglass figure. The hips and shoulders are similar in size and the waist is the smallest part of your body. Everyone is beautiful. There is no perfect body because perfection is defined by only you! With the right fashion advice a anyone can accentuate their best features and FEEL their best. It's not about how others see you but its about how you percieve yourself. These tips have helped me raise my self-worth and increase the love for my figure.
1. Anything that cinches in at the waist. This will pull the focus to the smallest part of your body.
2. Flared jeans. Sure, skinny jeans are great but with the wrong top they tend to make you look bigger. If you wear skinny jeans be sure to wear a top that cinches at the waist to show your true figure.
3. Fitted dresses. Whether it's entirely snug or just tight at the waist, make sure you have your figure definred. If not it will look boxy and make you appear bigger.
4. Jackets or blazers that nip at the waist. These will be your best friend!
5. Dont be afraid of belts. They can be used on shirts and dresses to cinch baggy items.
I created four outfits that I would wear to accentuate my figure. All outfits were created on Polyvore. View them here.
1. Fancy Event: This dress will make accentuate your figure and the pop of gold necklace is perfect with the high neck. A fitted LBD is essential in any hourglass womans wardrobe!
2. Casual Work Day: The blazer and dark jeans make this outfit work accessible. It's just enough peplum to show your curves while being classy enough to wear to a casual day at the office.
3. Night Out With Friends: This flare skirt is great because it cinces at your smallest part- the waist. A cute tee tucked in with a crop jacket is perfect for a night out with your girls.
4. Weekend Outfit: Yes, these are skinny jeans but they're paired with a great fitted sweater that draws attention to your waist. The jacket makes the outfit a little more casual and is ideal for shopping on the weekend.
There are some definite no no's when it comes to dressing for your hourglass figure. Don't wear baggy or shapeless dresses. Put a belt with these items to make them work for your shape. Also, large patterns take the attention away from your waist. We want to enhance this part of your body!
I live by these tips, but that doesn't mean you have to. Just love what you wear and you'll feel more confident. In the end, confidence and loving yourself is all that matters!