2. Tops: Red Sweater, H&M / Black Cardigan, H&M / Black & White T-Shirt, H&M / Black & White Tanks, Jane Norman /
3. Shoes: Boots, Les Nouvelles / Ballet Flats, Charlotte Russe / Nude Flats, Piperlime / Black Pumps, Monsoon /
4. Black Skinny Jeans, Dorothy Perkins / Flared Jeans, Tory Burch (similar) / Dress Pants, H&M / Black Skirt, Dorothy Perkins /
5. Dresses: Black Dress, H&M / Pink Dress, H&M /
6. Bags: Black & Nude Tote, River Island / Black Shoulder bag, Forever 21 /
1. Jackets & Coats: I believe every wardrobe needs a simple black blazer. Blazers are so versatile and can be worn throughout the entire year. Also, my denim jacket gets worn so often that I'm almost in need of a new one. It is one of my favourite pieces of clothing. Living in Halifax means the weather tends to get cold and stay cold, so I have two jackets that will work for the winter- a pea coat and a thick winter coat.
2. Tops: With simples in your wardrobe, like black and white tees and tanks, it gives you the freedom to wear whatever you please and accessorize to your heart’s desire. Dressing up these items is so easy. Also necessary is a sweater and white blouse.
3. Shoes: My FAVE! You can do so much with a black or nude flat. You can dress them up or down and wear them with pretty much any outfit. For dressier events you can do a black heel and on colder days you can throw on a boot.
4. Bottoms: Black skinnies and denim flares are my go to for pants. My job doesn't require business attire, but it’s more of a business casual environment. Jeans are okay to wear to work, but they must be dressed up. Along with jeans, I think having a great pair of dress pants is important as is a simple black skirt.
5. Dresses: All I can say is an LBD (little black dress) is vitally important to girls! Not only is black EXTREMELY flattering but you can change up the look and re-wear the dress over and over again. Having a bright coloured party dress always helps too!
6. Bags: I can't even count the number of bags I have, but they are mostly black, brown or beige. Having one of each colour would suffice, but I can'tpart with them. They're like my children!
So, this is my idea of having basics in your wardrobe. With these easy items you can build a wardrobe that is timeless while accessorizing to give it your own flare!