1. Dont be afraid to moisturize. I use a mattifying lotion, which is basically a fancy way to say oil-free. I swear by my Clarins lotion, see here, and really notice a difference in my skin when I don't use it. Just because you have oily skin doesn't mean you skip this step in the cleansing process, it just means you need to be careful as to what you put on your skin. I moisturize often!
2. Exfoliate and use a clay based mask once a week. You can even do this twice if you want! Usually Sunday night is my face care night. I give myself an at home facial, get a bubble bath, and pour myself a glass of wine. Exfoliating is very important, not only for oily skin people like me, but it helps everyone keep their skin clean, assists in anti-aging and brightens skin tone. I'm obsessed my Origins Clear Improvements mask. It has charcoal, which draws blackheads out of your pores, and clay, which aids in eliminating excess oils. It's expensive, but I've had it for over six months and it's still half full.
3. Use oil-free makeup. I use an oil-free primer and oil-free foundation, and my makeup lasts ALL day. By all day I mean I put it on before work, around 7:30am, and when I get home from work, around 9:30pm, it's still on my face. This is a must if you have oily skin. Just read the label and you'll know whether or not it's oil-free. I'm currently using Stila, but I really like Cover Girl Clean Oil-Control foundation and powder. They're around $6.00 each and work excellent!
4. Carry an "oil-control kit" in your purse. I have a small makeup bag that holds blotting papers, oil absorbing powder, sample sizes of Perkect Skin Perfection Gel and Benefits The POREfessional, and a small bottle of Urban Decay De-Slick Oil-Control Setting Mist. If you dont want to carry all of this in your purse then I recommend carrying blotting papers. It'll help so much if you find that your face is starting to shine.
5. Always wash your face before bed. No matter how tired I am or what time of night it is, I always wash my face. It only takes a few minutes and your skin will thank you. I wash my face at night with my Clarisonic and slather on the moisturizer.
These are my tips to keeping your face shine free throughout the day. If you have any tips for me be sure to comment below and let me know!